General Chinese Resources
- The Complete Guide to Chinese Language Computing
- Niuword.com: blog with Chinese slang terms and their meanings.
- Learning Chinese On-line
- Chinese Character Geneaologies
- Free English Classes in Taiwan
- International Institute of Buffalo: offers courses in Chinese, Arabic, Russian and other languages
- Watch to Learn Chinese: Free videos for learning Mandarin
- iTalki Chinese Language Exchange
- Express Travel Services: Help with China visas.
- China West Cultural Exchange
- Chinese-Lessons: Free Chinese, Mandarin, English Lessons
- Chinese Usage Dictionary
- Chinese Character Etymologies
- Marjorie Chan's ChinaLinks
- Guoyu Cidian
- Speech recognition Mandarin card game
- nciku: Chinese characters and pinyin dictionary
- Pinyin Joe's Chinese Computing Help Desk
- ChinesePod.com: Learn Chinese with free daily podcasts
- White Tiger Tees: T-shirts for students of Chinese.
- CantonesePod.com: Learn Cantonese with free mp3 download and podcasts
- ChineseBay.com: Learn basic Cantonese with sound.
- Semanda.com: Chinese Flashcards for kids and beginners.
- Chinese-Tools.com: Chinese-French dictionary, annotation and converters.
- HSK Flashcards
- Declan Software: Chinese Audio FlashCards and Chinese hanzi learning tools
- Installing the Chinese IME on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista
- Chinese Corner: Live in Pittsburgh, PA and like to talk about Chinese? Come visit the Chinese Corner's weekly meetings. See the website for details.
- Waiyu.org: Online tools for CJK languages
- News in Chinese with pop-up definitions.
- Lingua Sinica: A Chinese Language
Resource Company including an on-line dictionary and Shanghaiese lessons.
- MERLOT Listing of Chinese Learning Resources
- Baiyun Chinese Library
- MDBG Chinese English Dictionary
- Los Angeles Chinese Learning Center
- Chinese Place Names with pinyin.
- Sinologic's China Links (where Online Chinese Tools is currently a Cool Site).
- Chinese Yahoo!
- China foundouter: "The search engine and web directory for China"
- Clavis Sinica: Chinese text reading assistant and analytical dictionary. Includes a Chinese Text Sampler and a Chinese Learning Resources page with flashcards, text annotator, vocabulary extractor, and much more.
- Wenlin Institute: Producers of
the impressive Chinese Language Tool Wenlin 3.0
Read Chinese in Net Applications: A great place if you have
questions about viewing Chinese on Windows 95.
- Oriented: Useful site for foreigners living in Taiwan.
- Romanization.com: A Guide to Taiwan.
- BYU Chinese Section (originally written by yours truly)
- China Home Page
- About.com's Mandarin Language Page: Great place for reviews, study ideas, etc. A personal favorite.
- Chinese Section of
- Chinese Language and Culture Forums
- eLanguageSchool.net: Learn to speak the Mandarin language online free
Chinese Bookstores On-Line
Have a question on getting your computer to display and work with Chinese?
I enjoy answering questions like that. Please visit my
contact page to e-mail me
and I'll try to help you. I've worked on just about every computer
format out there (well, maybe not OS/2, but I could point you to resources
about it). Please try to include as much information as you can about
your system and what you want.